Saturday, January 24, 2009

Holy Gold......

My dear husband is in Arizona with his friend Jack. They are on a quest to find gold. They pulled Jack's trailer, with the 4 wheelers, down to the Gold Basin area and went to work searching for gold nuggets! There is more to find there than just nuggets, there have also been meteorites found there and they are worth a lot of money too, but Harvey and Jack both have the "gold bug" or "the fever". So, though I think that they are both a little crazy, I am glad that they have each other to be crazy with! Harvey really enjoys spending time with Jack and I think that the feeling is mutual.
So last night at about 7:30 pm I got the call....Harvey has officially found his first gold nugget. Now there is for sure no chance that I will ever be able to pry him away from this new hobby. I am glad that he has someone to do it with though and hopefully it will actually be profitable!! I still can't believe it. He made sure to tell me that it isn't a big one, but that's OK. At least he found one. I won't get to see it until Sunday when they come home but hopefully he will come home with more than one!
I will post a pic as soon as I have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment